Air conditioning ducts a source of allergy triggers is often overlooked. I have a friend who avoids air conditioning in the car and in the house even on the hottest days because of the symptoms the air causes.
Even though we refresh our homes with a change of carpet, color schemes, and furnishings, most of us don’t think about cleaning the ducts that carry air into every room of our home all through the year.
In the summer these ducts carry cool air through dark tubes that never see the light of day. These tubes or ducts are a prime area for mold growth. It is the rare person who has their ducts steam cleaned. And so airborne mold and mold spores have the potential to be blown into every room, and circulated again and again.
Anyone who suffers from allergies or asthma will find that being indoors in an air conditioned space can be just as challenging as being outside in the midst of pollen season.
So in a perfect world steam cleaning the air ducts every couple of years would be ideal. This is not always possible for numerous reasons. But regardless of how it’s done, clearing the air is a must.
Make your home a haven especially in the summer with the Allergy Air Purifier from PurerAir.com It can remove airborne mold spores as well as other triggers that cause nasal congestion, watering eyes, and coughing. And it’s designed to filter your air 24 hours every day.
See the Allergy Air Purifier now at http://purerair.com/allergy_machine.html Call 24 hours with questions at 800-997-2989!
Debbie Davis, President
Managing airborne allergies means having effective strategies when allergens threaten to send your immune system into overdrive.
Taking precautions to minimize symptoms, but knowing how to effectively squelch symptoms when they occur is the key to being able to keep your life on track.
- Use a high efficiency particle arresting air purifier to remove typical allergens such as dust mites, household dust, pet dander, seasonal pollens, odors and airborne chemicals.
- Launder linens at least once a week in water that is 160 degrees Fahrenheit or hotter to kill mites.
- Use scent free products whenever possible.
- Eliminate smoke and smokers from your home.
Dealing with Symptoms
- Increase the rate of filtration on your HEPA air purifier. This will remove allergens in the air faster and reduce the number that with which your body will have to respond.
- If your symptoms include a stuffy nose, use a decongestant rather than an antihistamine. This will usually open nasal passages and make it easier to breathe (and think).
- Resist the temptation to sniff. Blow your nose instead
- Drink plenty of fluids to help your body flush out the allergens, and stay well rested.
If you lived in a bubble or a perfect world taking preventative strategies would be all you needed to live happily ever after. But since we live in neither, having a balance of solutions will help.
The Allergy Air Purifier contains a medical grade high efficiency particle arresting filter that will scrub your air of allergens 24 hours a day. And if and when the air gets thick with allergens, it is ready to go as fast as you need it to with 3 filtration speeds.
With effective preventative strategies and an air purifier that can step up to clean your air quickly and effectively, you will stand a better chance of being able to go on regardless of what life throws your way.
See the Allergy Air Purifier now at http://purerair.com/allergy_machine.html
Debbie Davis, President